HOW TO ENTER (READ CAREFULLY!)
1. Fill out the application using the form below
2. Time limit: 2 minutes (unless stated otherwise)
3. Select a monologue from any source including film, television, or theatre
4. Please follow us on Instagram (@monologueslam) and Facebook (@MonologueSlamCanada) – If you’re not on social media that’s cool too…weird…but cool.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Round One: Actors will perform a 1 to 2 minute monologue and receive feedback from our judges.
2. The judges will select 3 finalists to move to Round 2.
3. Round two: The 3 finalists will receive a redirect from the judges and perform their monologue again, incorporating the new direction.
4. The audience will vote for the champion.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Our mission is to provide a space for artists to develop and showcase their craft. We encourage artists to explore storytelling that engages different perspectives, pushes boundaries, challenges our worldviews, and speaks to our deepest and most compelling truths – this is what art is about. If you are unclear about any of the rules or have questions concerning the content of your performance please contact us for clarification.
NO excessive use of profanity
NO hateful or discriminatory speech
NO nudity or explicit sexuality
NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements shown on any clothing
NO drug/alcohol use
NO pyrotechnics, open flams, or any other dangerous additions
NO weapons or prop weapons including firearms or knives
The decisions made by judges are final and not subject to complaint or alteration.
Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Monologue Slam Canada organizers.
The Monologue Slam is free to enter. All we ask is your support by following us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and sharing with other actors so we can grow this amazing community. We’re stronger together and your support helps us create a better industry for actors.