HOW TO ENTER (READ CAREFULLY!)
1. Must by 19+ to enter
2. Must have submitted to at least one virtual slam between March 2020 and July 2021.
3. Deadline to enter is Tuesday, August 31 by 11:59pm (earlier the better)
4. This Month is standard format (single monologue)
5. Time limit: 1 to 2 minutes (1:59)
6. Select a monologue from any source including film, television or theatre
7. Please follow us on Instagram (@monologueslam) and Facebook (@MonologueSlamCanada) – If you’re not on social media that’s cool too…weird…but cool.
8. Fill out the application using the form below
HOW IT WORKS
1. Round 1: Actors will perform a 1 to 2 minute monologue and receive feedback from our judges.
2. The judges will select 3 finalists to move to Round 2.
3. Round 2: The 3 finalists will receive a redirect from the judges and perform their monologue again, incorporating the new direction.
4. The audience will vote for the champion.
5. Please note all performers will be Rapid Tested for COVID.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Our mission is to provide a space for artists to develop and showcase their craft. We encourage artists to explore storytelling that engages different perspectives, pushes boundaries, challenges our worldviews, and speaks to our deepest and most compelling truths – this is what art is about. If you are unclear about any of the rules or have questions concerning the content of your performance please contact us for clarification.
NO hateful or discriminatory speech
NO nudity or explicit sexuality
The decisions made by judges are final and not subject to complaint or alteration.
Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Monologue
Slam Canada organizers.
Please refer to the deadline counter on our front page for deadlines.
The Monologue Slam is free to enter. All we ask is your support by following us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and sharing with other actors so we can grow this amazing community. We’re stronger together and your support helps us create a better industry for actors.